27 May Bindi Bowl
Posted at 10:00h in Uncategorized
A simple and complete meal for healthy and busy athletes includes whole grains, proteins, and lots of vegetables. This nourishing and simple meal has just little bites of everything, think of this recipe as a general formula that you can use to create your own favourite bowl. In our family we have a range of proteins and roasted veg options so everyone can build a bowl they love!
- 3 Cups Brown Rice, (pre-cooked)
- Half Butternut pumpkin, sliced
- 1 Cucumber chopped
- 2/3 Cups Red cabbage, shredded
- 3 Tbsp Micro greens, (or finely chopped mixed greens)
- 2 Tbsp Sesame seeds, (black or white)
- 3 Tbsp Roasted flava beans, (or roasted chickpeas)
- 1 Large Ripe avocado
- 1/3 Cup Coconut yogurt
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 200C. Place pumpkin on baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, season and roast for 30 minutes until soft.
- Reheat rice and divide between two serving bowls, top with the pumpkin, shredded cabbage and cucumber.
- Sprinkle over the sesame seeds, micro greens and roasted flava beans.
- Make the dressing by cutting the avocado in half, remove the seed and scoop out the flesh in to a blender or food processor.
- Add the coconut yogurt, water, freshly squeezed lemon juice and a little salt and pepper. Process on high for 1 minute or until smooth and creamy. Add a little extra water if required to reach the consistency you desire.
- Drizzle a little dressing over the bowl, and enjoy!
Store any leftover dressing in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for later use.