22 Feb Cardamom and Blueberry Energy Bites
Balls… bites… treats… snacks… we are crazy about these delicious little babies and cannot get enough combos in our freezer! Taking 10 minutes to roast blueberries (who would have thought?!) just elevates these bites, and along with some cardamon and vanilla they’ll take you to the next flavour level. Don’t settle for store bought and pre-packaged snacks, whip these goodies up and you will be blissed out for sure!
Cardamom and Blueberry Energy Bites
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup Raw cashews
- 1 tsp Vanilla powder
- 1 ½ tsp Ground cardamom
- 1 ½ tsp Coconut sugar
- 1 pinch Celtic sea salt
- 4 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 4 Tbsp Coconut butter
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line a baking tray and evenly spread with the blueberries. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the cashews, vanilla powder, cardamom, sugar and salt to a food processor or blender. Blitz on high for 1 minute or until cashews become a paste. You may need to scrape down sides during this process.
- Add all remaining ingredients, including the baked blueberries, and mix again on high until well combined.
- Depending on your own preference you can either turn the mixture in to balls or a slice.
- To make them as balls, place the mixture in the fridge for approximately 10-15 minutes so that it becomes a little harder and easier to "work" with.
- Once the mixture is slightly set, take 1-2 tablespoons of mixture at a time and roll them into balls in the palms of your hands. Roll the balls in to any coating you like. Some options may include desiccated coconut, crushed cacao nibs, chia seeds, sesame seeds, crushed pistachios, crushed edible flowers.... be as creative as you like.
- To make the mixture as a slice (much quicker doing it this way) press the mixture in to a lined slice tray and place in the fridge to set for at least 30 minutes.
- Before placing in the tray, you could also add any "mix-ins" you like and stir through the mixture. Some ideas would include crushed nuts, cacao nibs, dried coconut and extra blueberries. Once you've pressed the mixture in to the slice tray you could also sprinkle crushed nuts and coconut on to the top and slightly press in before setting it in the fridge.
- Keep these energy bites in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or several weeks in the freezer.