06 Mar Grain Free Creamy Mushroom and Zucchini Quiche
Posted at 05:45h in Recipes
Grain Free Creamy Mushroom and Zucchini Quiche
We get it - you are busy athletes looking for quick and healthy meals, so with that in mind we keep our recipes short and simple as much as possible. This creamy quiche is totally worth taking the time to prepare - with a light grain-free pastry and plenty of vegetables it is delicious alongside some salad greens. You will get six serves so use it for lunches and dinners and your taste buds will be rewarded!
Servings: 6 Serves
- PASTRY _
- 8 Tbsp Butter softened
- 85 grams Creamed cheese softened
- 1 Cup Almond meal blanched
- 1 ½ Tbsp Tapioca flour
- FILLING _
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 Cup Zucchini grated
- 8 Lg Mushrooms sliced
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Cup Grated cheese reduced fat
- 225 grams Cream cheese reduced fat
- 1/2 Cup Cream reduced fat
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1 Egg
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 sml Zucchini sliced
- 1 Tbsp Dried herbs mixed
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- To make the pastry, mix together the butter and cream cheese in a small bowl or food processor.
- Add the almond meal and tapioca flour and blend thoroughly.
- Shape into a ball and wrap in cling wrap and chill slightly.
- Either slightly grease a pie dish or line a spring form tin with some baking paper. Place the ball in to the pan and line with the dough by pressing the dough with your fingertips against the bottoms and sides.
- Now spread the spread the bottom of the pastry shell with the mustard. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. After the pastry is done and is slightly golden brown, set aside and reduce oven temperature to 180C.
- Meanwhile place the grated zucchini in a colander, sprinkle with salt and drain for 5 minutes
- In a fry pan sauté the mushrooms in the butter.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the grated cheese in the bottom of the pastry shell and spoon the sautéed mushrooms on top.
- Squeeze the zucchini to remove excess moisture, place in shell, separating and fluffing with fingers.
- Beat together the cream cheese, cream, egg yolks and egg, season with salt and pepper. Carefully pour in the egg-cream mixture.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top, with the dried herbs and sliced zucchini.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, until top is puffed and golden and a knife inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.