21 May Grilled Vegetables
Posted at 03:46h in Uncategorized
We all know how vital veggies are to our every-day nutrition. But as we aim to get a range of colours and variety in our veg, it is fun to serve them in fresh, tasty ways to keep things interesting. We love grilling a range of different veggies and having them ready to add to salads. Try them on top of sourdough with a touch of hummus for a healthy snack and they will become a firm favourite!
- 1 large Eggplant
- 1 large Red capsicum
- 1 large Yellow capsicum
- 2 med Zucchini
- 1 Red onion
- 12 Mushrooms
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic/red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Basil; fresh, chopped
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- Cut eggplant into slices, layer the slices in a colander, sprinkling each layer lightly with a little salt. Let drain for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut both capsicums into thick slices and remove any seeds
- Slice the zucchini and onion thickly
- Rinse eggplant under cold water, thoroughly pat dry.
- Lightly brush all the vegetables with oil.
- Cook the vegetables on a hot grill plate for 10 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- In a bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper; whisk in basil, then the oil in a steady stream.
- Pour over grilled vegetables, tossing gently to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 8 hours.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
You can store in the fridge for 3 – 5 days in an airtight container. Use during the week for quick and easy meals served alongside protein of choice.