16 Nov Protein Packed Grain Free Pancakes
It’s usually with about 30 minutes left to go on a long training ride, and someone invariably mentions breakfast… What are you having? I’m hungry! Sometimes the thought of eggs on sourdough with a coffee is enough to get you through those last hard kilometres; or it may be bircher muesli loaded with fruit that makes you spin a bit faster. One of my absolute favourites is protein packed pancakes – they are easy to prep as you can blitz the mixture before you go out, and then as your coffee brews you can pop them in the pan. Try topping with some cottage cheese, honey and blueberries for the perfect post-training recovery food… yum!
Protein Packed Grain Free Pancakes
- 6 eggs
- 2 tab Bananas
- 2 tab Coconut Flour
- 3 tab Bindi Vanilla Protein Powder
- 2 tab Oats
- 1 Tab honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1-2 TAB Coconut oil (for cooking)
- Add all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blitz on high for 30 seconds, or until batter is smooth and has no lumps.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and grease the pan with a little coconut oil.
- Pout in a little batter to the centre of the pan, enough to make the pancake size you are after. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface.
- Turn and cook for another 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with a tea towel to keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture, greasing the pan with some coconut oil between batches.
- Serve warm with your favourite toppings.