16 Nov Sugar & Dairy Free Super Green Ice-cream
This is a healthy and delicious ice-cream that you can really enjoy – you can whip it up with an ice-cream maker, or if you don’t have one you can also blend it up yourself. With smooth and creamy coconut milk and avocados, the added Supergreens will give you an antioxidant boost too. Easy!
Sugar & Dairy Free Super Green Ice-cream
- 2 Avocados, ripe
- 1/3 Cup Bindi super greens powder
- 1/2 - 3/4 Cup Lakanto sweetener or Agave Syrup
- 2 Tab Lime juice
- 500 ml Coconut cream
- 250 ml Coconut milk
Optional Mix Ins
- Choc chips or cacao nibs
- Dried Cranberries
- A drop or two of pure peppermint oil
- Crushed roasted nuts
- Cut open the avocado, remove and discard the seed and scoop out the flesh.
- Place the avocado flesh along with all the other ice cream ingredients (do not add your mixins yet) in to blender or food processor. Blitz on high until smooth, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following manufacturer’s instructions.
- After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is done) add any optional mix ins; then continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.
Without Ice Cream Maker
- Instead of pouring the mixture in to an ice cream maker, pour in to ice cube molds and freeze until solid, approximately 3 hours.
- Remove the cubes from their tray and place in a high speed food processor and blend until creamy. You may need to do this in batches depending on how big your processor is.
- Fold through any mix in you may be using and then transfer the mixture to a large freezer safe container. Cover and place in the freezer for around 3 hours or until ice cream is ready.