20 Aug Zoodles and Lentil Meatballs
Posted at 14:16h in Recipes
Zoodles and Lentil Meatballs
If you're on the look-out for a low carb, vegetarian dinner option then this is the perfect meal for you. "Zoodles" or zucchini noodles are a great way to increase your veg intake without overloading on carbs - try them on a lighter carb night when you might have a rest day coming up. The lentil meatballs are tasty and filling and make a fabulous plant based protein option. But the best bit? Just 20 minutes to get this little ripper on the table!
Servings: 2 Serves
- 2 Zucchinis
- 1 Tin Tin Cooked Lentils
- 1/4 Cup Quinoa
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 400 ml Jar of Tomato Pasta Sauce
- Start by preparing the quinoa according
- to packet directions.
- Drain and rinse the lentils and add to food processor with quinoa, almond flour, chopped onion, garlic and seasoning
- Process until it is completely smooth.
- Roll out 10 small “meatballs” with the mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and cook the meatballs for 5 minutes.
- Next add the pasta sauce to the pan, mixing in with the meatballs and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve over spiralized zucchini.
If you do not have a spiralizer you can create 'linguini' noodles out of your zucchini with a regular peeler.