20 Mar Breakfast Salad on Rye Toast
Posted at 04:01h in Recipes
Breakfast Salad on Rye Toast
This breakfast salad snuck onto the radar in our Bindi kitchen and it seems it is here to stay. Always looking for tasty ways to sneak extra nutrients into our day, we add leftover roast veggies and poach a couple of eggs on the side. Good to go!
Servings: 2 Serves
- 3 Cup Baby spinach leaves
- 1 Lg Avocado flesh diced
- 1 Cup Cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 Cup Sunflower seed kernels
- 4 Slices Rye bread
- 2 Garlic clove
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- ¼ tsp Chilli flakes dried
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place on one half of a lined baking tray.
- On the half of the baking tray, evenly spread the sunflower seed kernels.
- Cook under a grill for 3 – 5 minutes, or until they seeds become golden and tomatoes are just tender and start to slightly blister. Set aside.
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocado and dice, add to a bowl along with spinach leaves.
- Drizzle with balsamic dressing to taste, gently toss to combine.
- Serve alongside slices of toasted rye bread.
- FOR DRESSING:
- Drop the garlic clove in a food processor while the machine is running on high speed. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add olive oil, vinegar, salt, sugar and red pepper flakes. Blitz on high speed for 30 seconds.
- Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Transfer to small bowl. Cover and let stand at room temperature. Re-whisk before using if necessary.