02 Apr Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins
Mmmm a warm blueberry muffin? Yes please! These little delights are full of oats and topped up with protein to keep you full and satisfied, without all the sugar that traditional muffins have. Try baking a batch and freeze them so you always have a healthy snack for those big training days…
Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins
- 1 ¼ Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Spelt flour
- ¼ Cup Bindi Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/3 Cup Xylitol
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Cup Oat milk or milk of choice
- 1/4 Cup olive oil mild flavour
- 1 Egg beaten
- 3/4 Cup Blueberries frozen
- 3 Tbsp Rolled Oats
- 2 Tbsp Xylitol
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Lightly grease 12 muffin cups, or use paper liners.
- Add 1 ¼ cup rolled oats to a blender or food processor and blitz to a meal.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and combine with the spelt four, protein powder, xylitol, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix the milk, oil and egg until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Divide the batter among muffin cups.
- Combine the 3 Tbsp of rolled oats, 2 Tbsp of xylitol and 2 tsp of Cinnamon and sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake until tester inserted in centre comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Turn out on to a wire rack and serve warm or at room temperature.